Monday, January 4, 2010

Security Surveillance Systems Question Regarding Security Systems At My Restaurant ?

Question regarding security systems at my restaurant ? - security surveillance systems

I'm trying to establish a monitoring system) Swann (security, the computer system. I have 4 computers (3 desktop + laptop 1) at all for me. Appliances (box still) is connected to the D-Link router with an Ethernet cable. 2 other desktops and laptops connected wirelessly to the router D-Link. So that all start-up teams. See all desktop Windows XP Professional, but Jave Mobile Windows Vista Home Premium on it

So I have my security system connected to a computer for my return to my room. I downloaded the program that came with this system. I can easily see everything on this computer. My problem is that when I look to my home on my laptop, I could not.

I to my ISP (Telus), which I talked 2 static IP addresses for my position. They want more money if I have more than 2 static IP addresses like

Question: My questions are
1) Do I really see static IP addresses from a distance, or I can be dynamically inserted him as well?
2) I think my ISP asking MorE-money, if I were offered over 2 static IP addresses?
3) I can not define static IP addresses for me, if so, how?

All other details would be very grateful .. Thank you in advance!

1 comments:

Jack F said...

1) No, you can use a DDNS service like www.dyndns.com, but since you already have a static address that is not required.

2) Yes, static IP addresses for money.

3) None, static IP addresses assigned by your ISP. You can use static IP addresses on your network.

What to do in order to use the port forwarding in your router D-Link. Something that I can not fully explain here.

Basically, the port-forwarding allows you apply online for the static IP address to a static IP address within the network. As a result, open the camera application to the Internet.

You probably have learned:

How to give your PC a static IP address on the network.
What port numbers in camera software is included.
How to configure D-Link Port Forwarding.
To configure your firewall D-Link.

Hard to say, do not know what else to see how the camera software and the D-Link works.

However, it is possible.

A better solution is for the cameraSoftware to stream video content on a website. I refer to the software.

Post a Comment